Kick Off 2 competition version
The Kick Off 2 competition version is a project started and developed by Steve Camber in 2005. The aim is to have an improved and updated version of Kick Off 2 using reverse engineering on the original Amiga game. The game will be used in official KOA tournaments.
The competition version is based on Kick Off 2 v1.4 and it'll maintain the original gameplay of the famous Dino Dini game but adding features from other games of the Kick Off Series and also totally new features never released before.
This is the full list of all the updates from Kick Off 2 v1.4
- Penalty Box Dribble selectable by each player. It can be switched on and off at any time just like a formation with key 5. "PBD" is displayed beneath the player's score if enabled.
- OR, Dual PBD control by TeamA (TeamB's setting is the same as that chosen by TeamA)
- Team A and B difference removed so neither has a strength advantage.
- Default kits Yellow and blue selected upon load
- Aftertouch selected on load
- Default to 2 players game
- No boot disk required on Amiga 1200
- Aftertouch given to 2nd player in a co-op game
- International teams selected on load
- Team settings reset before each match
- Division 1 to 4 skill levels have been modified and renamed to: Beard, Fullarton, Polyrakis, Troiano
- Troiano is now stronger than the steroids team and is the strongest AI skill level, with Beard being the easiest.
- FOUR different playback speeds during replays
- Amiga 600 alternative keyboard support
- Live Statistics pressing button 's' to show on/off: Possession, Crossbar hits, Post hits, Distance of last goal, Average goal distance, Number of ball bounces
- Ball is only affected by the wind when it is in the air
- Wind speed-range fix: LIGHT (from -2 to +2m/s), MEDIUM (from -4 to + 4m/s), STRONG (from -6 to + 6m/s)
- Team names can be changed before the match
- Change on Clock to indicate 1st/2nd half
- Team A=Team B and Team A>Team B selectable as a pre-game option.
- Just For Fun menu added
- Fix substitute stealing bug
- Aftertouch manipulation
- Control over the game's audio output channels
- Select TeamB formation in single player games
- End game statistics
- 75% speed added. 25% speed removed
- Backpass rule selectable in KO2CV menu
- PBD selectable on squad screen
- Unintended autoslides can be switched off in the KO2CV menu
- TeamA can select extra tactics with LEFT shift/alt/amiga, while Team B uses RIGHT shift/alt/amiga
- Goal Statistics
- Altered pitch graphics by Gianni Torchio
- Match report
- Fix corner bug(s)
- Remove CPU running handicap for 1 player
- Work out how player initials are calculated
- Remove auto slides by the rest of your team
- Remove auto headers by the rest of your team
- Remove pointless slide when next to ball with no opposition around
- Allowing an attacker to intercept a ball passed to the keeper
- Adding the wonderful amiga speech "penalty" before the penalty like KO1!
- Walls around the edge for an indoor game
- Fix 2, 3 and 4 player games. 2nd, 3rd and 4th player all have aftertouch and falling down problems.
- CPU PBD on/off option
- Backpass rule
- Full Match Replay and PC Replay Viewer (by Jesper)
- New Splash Image (by Jesper)
- Fix throw-in bug where ref blows whistle and awards throw to other team (was "Remove off-pitch foul")
- Enable two subs before kick off
- Player Manager aftertouch
- Put in WC90 mode. WC90 code has been stripped out unfortunately, but it might be possible to transplant across!
- Remove greek players from non-greek teams
- Check out replay save possible bug
- Cancel substitutions
- Team celebrations after goal + losing team disappointment
- Aftertouch on corners
- Aftertouch on chips
- Aftertouch on goal kicks
- Aftertouch on penalties
- Adding the possibility to run inside the penalty area when the goalkeeper has the ball possesion
- Adding the possibility for the goalkeeper to walk inside/outside the area with the ball.
- Adding the possibility for the forward to make foul to the keeper
- Foul on goalkeeper result quite always a yellow card
- Foul on forward running alone towards the goalkeeper result quite always a red card to the defender.
- Change of kit design, maybe adopting the advanced one on FW!
- Having multiple league and tournaments like in "return to europe v2.1"
- Having selectable keeper level like in Return to Europe (easy=KO1 normal=KO2 hard=FW)
- Having the chants when you're loading the game, like Return to Europe and Final Whistle
- Like Return to Europe having 2 game levels: easy (with PBD) normal (no PBD)
- Change the colour of the skin/hair of the players so we'll have blonde Norwegian teams and yellow Korean players
- Update all the national/club teams with real name and real skills
- Wider pitch view. Higher Camera to see larger pitch area on screen. (for Player In Position games)
- Having extra new substitute players like a new goalkeeper
- Adding referee + linesman (like 1.6 version)
- Adding the sample "shame" for a foul
- Adding all the extra sound effects of the 1.6 version
ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
- Backpass rule
- Reinstate PM tactics
- Make "bouncing" sidelines in the practice mode, so that the ball cannot go out
- Fix slow goalkeeper problem when a team gets around 20-0 up
- Player 2 able to take proper throw-ins in co-op mode
- Standard 4 formations available in International Friendly mode
Version released History
Latest version can be download from here Features Rome 07 pitch TeamA can select extra tactics with LEFT shift/alt/amiga, while Team B uses RIGHT shift/alt/amiga Unintended autoslides can be switched off in the KO2CV menu
Latest version can be download from here New feature
Walls around the pitch can be activated in the KO2CV menu. No more throw-ins or corners
End of match (+half) report Original wind option Event number display (ignore!) VBL timing display (ignore!)
New advert boards by Gianni here All of the team celebrate a goal, not just the scorer Top right corner text adjusted slightly
An option can be set in the KO2CV menu to record the joystick input in replays. There is no need to specify a new filename inbetween matches when you want to save replays. Just keep hitting F1 during games to add more replays to the same save file. It is best to start a new save file after watching your replays in the action replay section.
Teams are reset properly in between matches. Scanner only play ( debug feature ). You can toggle the speed advantage human players have over the cpu Autoslides off option. Free kick practice mode.Get possession of the ball and Hit F3 for a freekick, hitting F3 again for another etc.
PBD selectable on squad screen
Backpass rule selectable in KO2CV menu.
75% speed added. 25% speed removed.
Select CPU tactics, auto stats at end of halves.
Control over audio output channels
Text for UK championships
New KO2CV Options menu
A name can be entered in the team list screen by pressing delete.
PBD practice version
All 8 default tactics available and also A600 keyboard mode supported.
All 8 default tactics available with CTRL+1-4
Goal distance statistics fixed. Wind does not affect ball on the ground. Wind strengths reduced.
Some statistics added with manual control via the 's' key
Extra slow motion speeds, and alternative Team B tactic keys to support A600.
This version differs from 0.64 because it has Team A stronger than team B as in the classic version of the game. It was made for an evening of Alkis vs Spyros who tested this 2nd candidate to be the 2005 World Cup version.
It has finally included all the official World cup settings as default (on loading). International teams now appear as default team skills and Teams get reset to their default settings before every match but not Player Manager teams! Division 1 to 4 skill levels have been modified and renamed to: Beard, Fullarton, Alkis, Troiano. Troiano is now stronger than the steroids team and is the strongest AI skill level, with Beard being the easiest.
Defaults to international teams, team line-ups are reset before each match, division3 is a steroid team.
A=B reinstated, and this version was used at the UK championships 2005 in Stoke.
Teammate has aftertouch in multiplayer mode
CPU cache switched off after a processor check. This was made for the 2005 UK championship. It has PBD selectable by each player pressing the "5" key, Team A and B equalized, yellow kit for team A, blue kit for team B and aftertouch selected upon load. Released July 2005
CPU cache automatically switched off (crashes non-A1200 machines)
A>B release with single PBD switch. First candidate for WC2005.
Text redisplayed in corner after every goal. Released before UK championship.
Text tidied up. PBD setting continues over to 2nd half of match. Defaults to two players. One player controls PBD selection for both teams. Released for the London Gathering.
Title text added in corner during game
Added PBD select
Team A/B equalised, kit + aftertouch set on load
PBD Madness, PBD permanently on for both players all over the pitch