|This article is only a english draft copy (Stub). If you can, help us now to improve it with the conventions of Wikickoff. - The complete list of stubs is in this category|
- 1 General FAQ
- 1.1 What is KOA (Kick Off Association)?
- 1.2 What is Kick Off 2?
- 1.3 How can I play Kick Off 2?
- 1.4 What are the differences of the cracked (by Oracle) version and the original Kick Off 2?
- 1.5 What exactly is PBD (Penalty Box Dribbling)?
- 1.6 What are the improvements in the Kick Off 2 competition version?
- 1.7 How do I get my Kick Off 2 copy?
- 1.8 What versions of kickoff have been released ?
- 1.9 What cheats exist for kick off 2 ?
- 1.10 How can I contact Dino ?
- 1.11 What does Dino say about copyright ?
- 1.12 Where can I get a disk image of ko2 ?
- 1.13 What platforms can I play kick off 2 on ?
- 1.14 What happened to the pc version of kick off
- 2 Kick Off 2 World Cup FAQ
- 2.1 What is The World Cup Gathering?
- 2.2 Which version of Kick Off will be used?
- 2.3 Which computer we'll use?
- 2.4 Can I use my Joysticks?
- 2.5 Can I use national Teams?
- 2.6 What is the game level?
- 2.7 How long are the matches?
- 2.8 Should I choose my favourite Referees?
- 2.9 Wind is active?
- 2.10 Which pitches we'll use?
- 2.11 Can I choose the kit colour of the team?
- 2.12 After Touch is active?
- 2.13 What is the Speed of the players?
- 2.14 Which Tactics I can use?
- 2.15 May I change the default line-up?
- 2.16 May I have a bigger/smaller/no Scanner?
- 2.17 May I change the tactics and the players during the game?
- 2.18 What about if 2 players end the league with the same points on Saturday?
- 2.19 What about if I don't agree the result of a match
- 2.20 So what happens if an Amiga crashes??
- 2.21 What we'll do on first day of World Cup?
- 2.22 What about the players that won't qualify for the Sunday final Stage?
- 2.23 What about if 2 players end the league with the same points?
- 2.24 Who will play Team A on Knock Out stage firstly?
- 2.25 What happen if the 2 players has 2 direct draws or a victory each in the knock outs?
- 2.26 What is strictly forbidden in the World Cup?
- 2.27 What are the prizes in this gathering??
- 2.28 I don't like this Rules and also other friends of mine don't like it, should we change it?
- 3 Useful links
- 4 External links
What is KOA (Kick Off Association)?
What is Kick Off 2?
How can I play Kick Off 2?
You need an Amiga, a Joystick and a floppy disk of Kick Off 2. You can also play with an emulator and a Joystick adaptor on Windows (WinUAE), on Linux (E-UAE) and on Apple Macintosh (E-UAE) with a floppy image of Kick Off 2 and the kickstart 1.3.
What are the differences of the cracked (by Oracle) version and the original Kick Off 2?
The cracking group Oracle has cracked an early version of Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 back in the year 1990. But this versions are different in some details. The other versions that came onto market was Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 v1.2 and Kick Off 2 v1.4. Not everybody had bought the original game and somebody are used to the Oracle version and the other part has only played the v1.4. The biggest difference is the so called PBD (Penalty Box Dribbling), which can only be found in the early Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 version and the Kick Off 2 "cracked by Oracle" version.
What exactly is PBD (Penalty Box Dribbling)?
The programmer of Kick Off 2 - Dino Dini - has experimented with this feature in a previous version of Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 v1.2 which has been removed in the final versions. This feature is called PBD. PBD makes the control of the ball more stick to the player on the penalty box (or the right or left side of it). PBD is therefore something changing the dynamics of the ball. PBD does not exist on any Atari ST version (but there're some suspects that some versions have PBD) and on the Amiga does exists only on early Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 original version and on all Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 Cracked by Oracle. As some people have grown up with the Oracle version and have their standard goals with the PBD, while others are used to the version without this feature and have their standard goals without the PBD, big events like the World Cup must be played on both versions. The rule says that Team A (home) decides about which version to play. Until the year 2005 one half of the Amigas ran with Oracle and the other half with 1.4. Since 2005 there is the Kick Off 2 competition version which obsoletes this logistical problem.
What are the improvements in the Kick Off 2 competition version?
The Kick Off community is lucky to have some clever coders as its member, which have reverse engineered Kick Off 2 and have made some nice improvements. Steve Camber has brought us the Competition Version for the World Cup 2005. First this version has all the options set already after booting the game. This means no silly clicking through the menus just to do the same settings every time. The main feature is the chance to switch PBD ON and OFF. This can be done by pressing the "5" key (just next to the tactics keys). This means no more changing of the Amigas and same chances for everyone. Considering the gameplay the Competition Version is 100% identical with the former versions!
How do I get my Kick Off 2 copy?
If you do not own an Amiga, you can use the ADF provided at download directly with an Amiga emulator for PCs. The real fun only comes when playing on an original Amiga, though! Amigas can easily be found on Ebay. The ADFs can of course also be tranfered to an Amiga, but this is not that easy. There is the possibility to go over a null-modem cable, or with special Amigas that can also understand the MS-DOS filesystem. More resources can be found on the web. If you do not have any chance to get your copy, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For 3€ I would send you an Amiga-Diskette with your own copy of Kick Off 2.
What versions of kickoff have been released ?
by Dino Dini
- Kick Off (1989)
- Kick Off Extra Time (1989)
- Franco Baresi World Cup Kick Off (1990)
- Player Manager (1990)
- Kick Off 2 World Cup 90 (1990)
- Kick Off 2 (1990)
- Kick Off 2 1MB (1990)
- Kick Off 2: Giants of Europe (Data Disk) (1990)
- Kick Off 2: The Final Whistle (Expansion Disk) (1991)
- Kick Off 2: Return To Europe (Expansion Disk) (1991)
- Kick Off 2: Winning Tactics (Data Disk) (1991)
- Goal! (Formerly the real sequel of Kick Off 2) (1993)
- Dino Dini's soccer (Sega Megadrive version of Goal)(1994)
by Steve Screech
What cheats exist for kick off 2 ?
- Switch on autofire, or repeatedly press the fire button and the result will be that your keeper will save the ball every time.
- Keep pressing the 'R' key when you take a penalty, this will show you where the players going to kick the ball.
- In mid-match press all the function keys from left to right 'F1' to 'F10'. "S12" or "S14" should appear in the top right hand corner. You will now be able to substitute the computer's keeper and the new guy will be completely useless.
- Save every Penalty (discovered by Trevor Dutton ) when the player steps up to take the kick, pull down diagonally left on the joystick. As soon as he hits the ball, push up diagonally right and press fire.
- Substitute the opposing goalkeeper twice and he will not save your shots.
How can I contact Dino ?
What does Dino say about copyright ?
"In theory all such material is copyrighted and thus can not be used. In practice this is impossible to enforce. About anything that is out there of mine, well I really do not mind at all. Afterall, it keeps my creations alive, so why should Ibe unhappy?"
Where can I get a disk image of ko2 ?
Visit the download page.
What platforms can I play kick off 2 on ?
What you need is an amiga emulator for you computer. Known platforms...
- any Amiga
- Atari ST
- any recent Macintosh with emulators
- any recent PC with Windows and emulators
- any recent PC with Linux with emulators
- Xbox with emulator
What happened to the pc version of kick off
Dino was writing and released a beta version of ekickoff for the pc. However for some reason he decided to cancel the project and is no longer working on it.
Kick Off 2 World Cup FAQ
What is The World Cup Gathering?
Is a gathering of friends that spend 1 weekend every year to play this 15 years old football game to enjoy the most important competitive event and have the annual best player worldwide.
Which version of Kick Off will be used?
We'll adopt only one version: Kick Off 2 competition version
Which computer we'll use?
Can I use my Joysticks?
Yes of course, but we can also provide extra joysticks
Can I use national Teams?
No, all the games will be played with Team A vs Team B
What is the game level?
How long are the matches?
2 half of 5 minutes
Should I choose my favourite Referees?
Wind is active?
Only in the KOA CUP
Which pitches we'll use?
Can I choose the kit colour of the team?
No, the kit colours will be full yellow and full Blue
After Touch is active?
What is the Speed of the players?
Which Tactics I can use?
Only default Tactics: 424, 532, 442, 433
May I change the default line-up?
Line up changes are not allowed.
May I have a bigger/smaller/no Scanner?
Scanner always stay in the default size unless both players agree to change it
Yes, of course!
What about if 2 players end the league with the same points on Saturday?
the direct matches will decide who is better.
What about if I don't agree the result of a match
The final result of the Amiga stands
So what happens if an Amiga crashes??
If it crashes during the first half, the game will be replayed totally. If it crashes during the second half then only the second half will be replayed starting from the goal result of the first half
What we'll do on first day of World Cup?
We'll play to find the best players that will go to the final round on sunday
What about the players that won't qualify for the Sunday final Stage?
They'll play the KOA CUP
What about if 2 players end the league with the same points?
The direct matches will decide who is better, then goal scored in the Direct M., Goal scored overall, goal difference, penalties
Who will play Team A on Knock Out stage firstly?
A coin toss will decide it
What happen if the 2 players has 2 direct draws or a victory each in the knock outs?
The player who score more goals win the knock out if they'll score the same amount of goals they'll play 2 extra times and then penalties
What is strictly forbidden in the World Cup?
- Turn off an Amiga or a monitor during a game.
- press esc during the game
- touching, hitting, screaming, offending, deconcentrate a player during the match
What are the prizes in this gathering??
World Cup Prizes:
- KOA World Shield Trophy (Best player worldwide)
- World Cup Trophy
- World Cup Trophy
- World Cup Trophy
from 5th to 16th player: Best 16 KOA medal
Best scorer CUP (Player that will score more goal on sunday - WC Final round)
Best defence CUP (Player that will have the best average Defence)
KOA Conpetition prizes:
- KOA CUP winner Cup
- KOA silver medal
- KOA bronze medal
I don't like this Rules and also other friends of mine don't like it, should we change it?
You can ask to change some Rules into the KOA forum and have a poll. Only players that will attend the next World Cup and have already played one in the past can vote.
- Best Defense trophy
- KOA CUP
- Social events
- Top Scorer trophy
- KOA Kick Off Gathering Forum - KOA (Kick Off Association) Official International Kick Off Forum (organising Kick Off KOA World Cup tournaments since 2001)
- KOA Kick Off Gathering - KOA (Kick Off Association) Official International Kick Off Fan Site
- Kick Off World - Fan Site located in Italy (organising local tournaments)
- Kick Off 2 Weltmaisterschaft - Fan Site located in Germany (organising local tournaments)
- koa:.:net on line league - Kick Off 2 online league
- Kick Off 2 online - French Kick Off 2 online
- Alkis - Greek Fan Site owned by the 2001 Kick Off 2 World Champion
- Kick Off 2 - Kick Off 2 page on Moby Games
- Kick Off 2 - Kick Off 2 page on Hall of Light